How It Works
We specialize in location photography and can meet you at a spot of your choosing or recommend a great place based on your vision for your portrait. Remember–this is all about you!! Parks, beaches, or even your own yard can be wonderful options. Choosing a place that means something to you just makes your portraits that more special.
Clothing* selection is very important and should be thoughtfully considered. (*See below.) You may also want to bring items to do a final touch-up before your portrait session begins. A hair brush, hair spray, make-up, compact/mirror, moisturizer, and lint roller are a few examples of things to consider. Especially with young children, you may also consider a back-up outfit in case of unexpected food spills or that random puddle they sometimes find. Kids will be kids after all.
Your View & Choose Appointment
About 2-3 weeks after your session you will view your images and place your order. Here are some guidelines:
• Your order will be placed at this appointment, so all decision-makers should be present.
• For first-time clients we recommend allowing at least an hour and a half.
• We love kids! However, we do suggest finding an alternative to bringing young ones with you for this appointment, especially if they like to be on the move. We want you to relax and enjoy the wonderful experience that comes with viewing your images for the first time.
• Full payment is expected at the time of your order.
• A session fee is required to reserve a specific date and time on the calendar just for you. We offer a number of session styles for our clients starting at $125.
• Providing each client with their own special piece of art is our goal and an extensive variety of mediums are available, with portrait sizes for every budget.
• We recommend all decision-makers be present at your order appointment. If an additional appointment is needed to place your order, a $35 fee may be imposed.
• Full payment is expected at the time your order is placed. We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard & Discover.
While clothing is often used as an expression of individuality, coordinating for a group image truly does produce better harmony in your family portraits. A single color choice, along with an overall matching style, will allow the viewer to focus on expressions and the true feel of your portrait.
Well-fitting clothes can make a big difference. You should avoid tight or baggy clothing. Generally you will want at least a short sleeve on tops and shirts, longer if weather permits. In many cases, a lower neckline can be more flattering for ladies, so a v-neck or scoop-neck might be ideal.
Whether you wear white to the beach, or jeans and a coordinated color on top for the park, making sure you match really will make a difference. And remember to dress from head to toe–think hair, jewelry, eyewear…and don’t forget socks and shoes that match your look!
For individuals, while a solid color or very simple pattern is still often best, there is a much wider range of choices. For seniors especially, a little more flare is easily accommodated. We want your personality to shine!!